- Sun 23rd February 7:30 pm, Wild Rose (2019)
Rose-Lynn Harlan, played by BAFTA Rising Star nominee Jessie Buckley (Beast), is bursting with raw talent, charisma and cheek. Fresh out of jail and with two young kids, all she wants is to get out of Glasgow and make it as a country singer in Nashville.
- Sun 8th March 7:30 pm, Stroud Film Festival - Amazing Grace
Extraordinary film footage of Aretha Franklyn recording the most successful gospel album of all time, Amazing Grace, at the New Temple, Missionary Baptist Church in Watts, Los Angeles in 1972.
- Sat 14th March 8:00 am, Stroud Film Festival - 60 Second Film Challenge
The 60-second film challenge is asking the people of Stroud to devise, shoot, edit and upload a short film in a single weekend,
- Sat 14th March 8:00 pm, Stroud Film Festival - High Society (1956)
High Society is a glossy Technicolor-and-VistaVision musical remake of The Philadelphia Story (1940), decked out with million-watt star power. The story revolves around the wedding plans of socialite Tracy Lord (Grace Kelly).
- Sun 15th March 7:30 pm, Stroud Film Festival - Beggars of Life (1928) with Live Score
A silent movie with live musical accompaniment composed and played by a luminary of American old-time country music, Kate Lissauer with arguably the UK’s finest Bluegrass guitarist, Jason Titley, plus internationally awarded 5-string banjo great, Leon Hunt.
- Fri 20th March 7:30 pm, Stroud Film Festival - Film Stroud
Films about Stroud, films made in Stroud and films by people from Stroud. Hosted by BBC Gloucestershire’s Faye Hatcher, with films by over a dozen local film-makers.
- Sat 21st March 7:30 pm, Stroud Film Festival - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
The Strictly Cinema crew are really excited to bring a family friendly night to Stroud Film Festival 2020 with Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. As well as the original 1971 movie, starring Gene Wilder, the ticket includes food, a free drink, games and a few surprises…some of which will be chocolate shaped! Look out for that golden ticket….
- Sun 22nd March 7:30 pm, Stroud Film Festival - Bait (2019)
Bait tells a stark story of local Cornish culture and community-facing up to a changing world.
Lansdown Film Club membership £2
Tickets on the door £6 (£5 concessions, £3 under 18’s)